Don’t just tick the box – really get it!
Are you working in communications, inclusion or accessibility and you need to help others in your organisation understand why you do what you do? Or maybe you’ve been asked to make some content accessible and you don’t know where to start.
This course is for you.
Join us to learn about the who, what, why and how of accessible communications
Here are some of the important questions we’ll answer:
- Who needs accessible communications?
- Why do we need to use simple, clear language?
- What’s the difference between Easy Read and plain language?
- Why do people use screen readers? And what even is a screen reader?
This training workshop is fun, interactive and incredibly informative. It’s perfect for people working in broad areas, including communications, engagement, policy and strategy. It helps end the ‘tick the box’ approach to accessibility by bringing people on board with a deeper understanding of why you need to do this important work. And we give you a series of useful tools and resources to use as you embark on your accessible content journey.
We are currently delivering the training in two formats:
- Getting started with accessible communications – a three-hour, online format delivered in Zoom or Teams to introduce the main topics and answer the key questions.
- Understanding accessible communications – a full-day program (10 am to 4 pm) delivered in person with a more in-depth exploration of the subject.
The training is best suited to groups of up to 15 people.
Contact us to find out more.