The Information Access Group is a communication agency that specialises in accessibility. We believe that information should be accessible to the widest possible audience, including people with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse communities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, older people and those with low levels of literacy.
In order to meet these communication challenges, we provide a range of services, including:
- Easy Read and plain language conversions
- focus group testing and community consultation
- graphic design in both accessible and traditional formats
- marketing, branding and communications services
- web design and development, with expertise in accessibility
- web accessibility auditing and document review
- writing and editing for a large range of printed and online publications.
Our projects cover a range of sectors, including:
- government departments and agencies at Commonwealth, state and local levels
- disability service providers and other organisations in the disability sector
- not-for-profit organisations and community groups
- business and industry.
Some of the clients we have worked with recently include:
- the Australian Government Department of Human Services
- the Australian Government Department of Social Services
- the Australian Government Department of Education and Training
- the Australian Taxation Office
- the Australian Federal Police
- the National Disability Insurance Agency
- the NSW Government Department of Family and Community Services
- the NSW Government Department of Justice
- Australian Unity
- Down Syndrome Australia (DSA)
- WA’s Individualised Services (WAiS)
- People with disability WA (PWdWA).
We specialise in writing clear, friendly text that is intended to engage a wide range of people with varying literacy levels. We are often contracted to simplify information, including academic text, technical details, financial processes and laws.
The Information Access Group is a member of the Creative and Design Services Panel managed by the Australian Government Department of Human Services and used by a number of Commonwealth Government departments and agencies. We are on the Panel in six categories – branding and communication services, graphic design, web design, web accessibility, editing and authoring, and translation.
We are also currently a member of:
- a panel of suppliers to the Australian Taxation Office for the provision of communication services
- a panel of suppliers to the Australian Electoral Commission for the provision of communication services
- the Digital Transformation Agency’s Digital Marketplace
- the Marketing Services Register managed by the Victorian Government.