New website supporting open employment for people with intellectual disability
Inclusion Australia has just launched its new website – ‘Everyone Can Work’. The new website aims to support and encourage people with intellectual disability into open employment.
Everyone Can Work brings together information about Australian Government employment supports, the lived experience of families and people with intellectual disability, and current research about employment for people with intellectual disability in Australia.
We had the pleasure of working with Inclusion Australia to build this website. Our work included:
- developing a new accessible brand that aligned with the existing Inclusion Australia brand
- developing an accessible Wizard functionality, which, by answering a few simple questions, allows people to easily get resources relevant to their situation
- content design and plain language editing
- developing HTML of existing Easy Read content
- ensuring the website met WCAG 2.1, current best practice for accessibility compliance.
Check out the Everyone Can Work website here.
We specialise in ground-up website design and development with an accessible approach. This means that we take accessibility into consideration from the very beginning of a website project. All planning, design and development work includes an understanding of best-practice accessibility guidelines. We also take a user-centred approach, keeping the audience in mind at every step.
In choosing to work with us, you can be assured that accessibility will never be treated as an afterthought and that accessibility will be a priority throughout the development process.
Web accessibility audit services
We can also support you with website audits, reviews of website prototypes and remediation of existing websites and/or intranets.
Our website accessibility testing process involves:
- auditing the website against your level of required compliance, up to WCAG 2.1 Level AAA, using automated and manual testing
- engaging our blind tester to assess the usability of the site by performing specific user tasks with a keyboard and various screen readers
- testing the website on a range of commonly used operating systems and mobile devices
- providing a comprehensive report with suggested fixes
- retesting your website once the fixes have been made.
An example of our work in this area
Did you know?
We can help you test your new website with a user testing session. Visit our research page to find out more.