Page updated August 2021
The Delta strain of coronavirus (COVID-19) has spread very quickly and easily through our community. A number of us across Australia, including the team at the Information Access Group, are back in lockdown trying to slow the spread.
The advice about who should get a vaccine is regularly being updated, but it can be hard to find clear information about what you should do.
We urge you to share this Easy Read information with your network. These fact sheets can be a great resource, and we are continuing to work with the Department of Health as new information becomes available.
The Australian Government
Information about the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine.
- COVID-19 vaccine - What is the COVID-19 vaccine?
- COVID-19 vaccine - 6 steps to approve a vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine - The AstraZeneca vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine - The Pfizer vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine - Who will get the vaccine?
- COVID-19 vaccine - Where can you get the vaccine?
- COVID-19 vaccine - Getting ready for the vaccination
- COVID-19 vaccine - Giving your consent
- COVID-19 vaccine - What to expect when you have your vaccination
- COVID-19 vaccine - Side effects you might have after your vaccination
- COVID-19 vaccine - Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- COVID-19 vaccine - The Delta strain and AstraZeneca
- COVID-19 vaccine - Other information.
Information about coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Coronavirus: What is it?
- Coronavirus: 5 things to do to stay healthy
- Coronavirus – Other information
- Coronavirus – Social distancing
- Coronavirus – Wearing a mask
- Coronavirus – Who can you call?
- Coronavirus – Getting a test
- Fact sheet – JobKeeper Payment impacts on Disability Support Pension Recipients
- Fact sheet – JobKeeper Payment impacts on Carer Payment Recipients
- Fact sheet – Coronavirus (COVID-19): Support for people with Disability
If you have any questions about coronavirus and how it’s affecting people with disability, you can get support from the Disability Gateway (which used to be called the Disability Information Helpline). The Disability Gateway provides information and referrals for people with disability, their families, carers and supporters. The Gateway is free, private and fact-checked. You can visit the COVID-19 page of the Disability Gateway website. Or, you can call 1800 643 787, Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm (AEST). The Disability Gateway phone line is not available on national public holidays.
Australian Government Department of Health
National Disability Insurance Agency
- NDIS response to Coronavirus – Helping our participants to stay safe and well (PDF)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the NDIS – Changes to the way the NDIS works (PDF)
- Low cost Assistive Technology during COVID-19: How you can spend your budget to get what you need (PDF)
NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Information for NDIS participants
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): What NDIS participants can expect from their providers and support workers
Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability
We hope you're keeping safe
We hope you’re all keeping safe and well out there during this challenging time. We understand that there is a lot of information being shared at the moment, and this can feel overwhelming and confusing as it changes so quickly.
At times such as these, accessible communications are vital for everyone in our community, particularly the most vulnerable. This is why we are sharing a list of direct links to official Easy Read coronavirus (COVID-19) resources that we have developed with various government departments and agencies. The resources offer practical steps and the latest information and advice. We'll be updating this page regularly.
You may like to share these resources with your clients or colleagues.
Please follow us on Twitter for further updates.