Page updated 12 May 2020
New fact sheets from the Australian Government Department of Social Services
- Coronavirus: What is it?
- Coronavirus: 5 things to do right now
- Coronavirus: What you need to know
- Coronavirus: Frequently Asked Questions
- Coronavirus: Social distancing
- Coronavirus: Staying at home
- Disability Support Pension and JobKeeper: Answers to questions you might have – New
- Carer Payments and JobKeeper: Answers to questions you might have – New
- Coronavirus: Who can you call? – New
The Department of Social Services has also created a section on its website with a range of information for people with disability and their families and carers. If people have a question about coronavirus or need help because things have changed, help is here. Contact the Disability Information Helpline on 1800 643 787.
Australian Government Department of Health
Information from the NDIA
- NDIS response to Coronavirus – Helping our participants to stay safe and well (PDF)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the NDIS – Changes to the way the NDIS works (PDF)
- Low cost Assistive Technology during COVID-19: How you can spend your budget to get what you need (PDF) – New
NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Information for NDIS participants
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): What NDIS participants can expect from their providers and support workers – New
Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability
We hope you're keeping safe
We hope you’re all keeping safe and well out there during this challenging time. We understand that there is a lot of information being shared at the moment, and this can feel overwhelming and confusing as it changes so quickly.
At times such as these, accessible communications are vital for everyone in our community, particularly the most vulnerable. This is why we are sharing a list of direct links to official Easy Read coronavirus (COVID-19) resources that we have developed with various government departments and agencies. The resources offer practical steps and the latest information and advice. We'll be updating this page regularly.
You may like to share these resources with your clients or colleagues.
Please follow us on Twitter for further updates.