Easy Read web content for the NDIS website
In 2019, we worked closely with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to create Easy Read content for a section of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) website. The community expressed a desire for the use of more Easy Read content on the NDIS website and the NDIA piloted this ground-breaking approach.
The topic of the content is employment, with a focus on helping people with disability find and keep jobs. We were commissioned to:
- convert the content into Easy Read
- develop a suite of bespoke illustrations to support the Easy Read content and to build on the existing illustration style that was established when the NDIA’s website was recently redesigned
- test the content with a range of users
- work with the Icon Agency (the existing web developer) to develop the information architecture and the wireframes for the pages - this was new territory for the NDIA and for the Icon Agency
- contribute to the development of the Easy Read pages
- test the pages with members of the target audience
- write a report for the NDIA on the use of Easy Read going forward.
The new content was launched in November 2019.