About the Information Access Group
The Information Access Group is a full service communication agency that specialises in audience engagement strategies. We believe that information should be accessible to the widest possible audience, including people with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse communities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, elderly people and those with low levels of literacy.
In order to meet these communication challenges, we provide a range of services, including:
- writing and editing for a large range of printed and online publications
- marketing, brand and communication services
- graphic design in both accessible and traditional formats
- web design and development, with expertise in accessibility
- translating text into Easy English
- focus group testing and community consultation.
Our projects cover a range of sectors, including:
- government departments and agencies at Commonwealth, state and local levels
- disability service providers and other organisations in the disability sector
- not for profit organisations and community groups
- business and industry.
Some of the clients we have worked with recently include:
- the Australian Government Department of Human Services
- the Australian Government Department of Social Services
- the Australian Taxation Office
- the Australian Public Service Commission
- the NSW Department of Families and Community Services - Ageing, Disability and Home Care
- Housing Tasmania
- the City of Sydney
- Down Syndrome Australia (DSA)
- The Bridge Inc.
We specialise in writing clear, friendly text that is intended to engage a wide range of people with varying literacy levels. We are often contracted to simplify information, including academic text, technical details, financial processes and laws.
The Information Access Group is a member of the Creative and Design Services Panel managed by the Australian Government Department of Human Services and used by a number of Federal Government departments and agencies. We are on the Panel in six categories – branding and communication services, graphic design, web design, web accessibility, editing and authoring, and translation.
We are currently a member of a panel of suppliers to the Australian Taxation Office for the Provision of Communication Services. We have also recently been accepted onto the Marketing Services Register managed by the Victorian Government.